Friday, January 13, 2006

New York

Hey all. In the whirlwind holiday season, we somehow wound up on a 3-day trip to New York with the Economics Student Association. I thought I'd share some of my pictures - I'm warning you all, though. I'm a spectacularly bad picture-taker. I get panicked and try to snap a photo as inconspicuously as possible, and then hurry away in case anyone saw me. I only wound up with 23 pictures total. Thank goodness a friend came along and got some decent shots. Here's the highlights from my collection:
This mosaic is in the UN. The UN was our first stop, we had a guided tour with alotted time for picture-taking. As such, it is tied with the Rockefeller Center for greatest number of pictures (3). Speaking of Rockefeller Center (which I could do all day, just 'cause it's such a fun word to say) here's the famous tree, sans top (don't know how that happened....)
Next we have JF at Saks Fifth Avenue . The name is on the window, but it's hard to read. There was a pretty ground-breaking sociolinguistic study done at Saks Fifth Avenue (and Macy's. See Friend for that photo.) We went in, but not being in the market for a Louis Vuitton bag, didn't hang around long. Here's the Statue of Liberty, at a distance, at dusk. We didn't have time to go to the Statue and Ellis Island, and wouldn't even have been allowed to go inside the *base* of the structure 'cause we didn't get there in time (Note to anyone going to New York: be prepared to be really pissed about the Statue of Liberty. They have many ways of getting to you.) Ellis Island was REALLY cool; alas, no photos. Finally, one from Times Square for John and a shot of the city from the ferry to Ellis Island. :) Lack of pictures and all, we still had a really awesome time.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Molly thos are great pics!!!!!!