Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Put yourself in the picture

Once upon a time, about seven years ago, I downloaded a screen saver that showed a group of people hiking in a setting like this in New Zealand. I looked at that photo every day for almost a year, and each time, the yearning to put myself in that picture grew to the extent that it hurt. Finally, I decided to stop dreaming and do something about it. This is a photo of us tramping with a group of Venturer Scouts. That is native red tussock grass in a highland meadow near Green Lake by the Borland Saddle--in New Zealand, of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad, I tried to post a comment earlier but I think it didn't work. I just wanted to let you know the blog is cool! Also a good way to keep in touch about the little things. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture! This is cool. Now I can just check the site and not worry about crashing my email, etc. You should send the address out to everybody!

Anonymous said...

You girls are soooo good! Daddy is really "chuffed" about his new blog project. And it gives him yet another reason to hang out with Ruby! Love from tomorrow, Mum

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad/Libby -

is there a way of making this thing so that we can all post on it (not just the comments?) It might be cool to have other people "dropping in" a bit. I, for one, have some news today - I just quit my job. Sigh. Never fear, though, I signed a contract at my old job (my boss actually said, "Molly can start immediately, if not sooner") this afternoon. Let's just say this: I'm the only one in the family who seems to not have gotten the teaching gene. Oy. Or at least not the teaching-high-schoolers gene. I've been recuperating with knitting. :)